Here is our blog about our work, what we are up to at present, what conclusions we have drawn from the quarter of a million birds ringed to date in the Group's existence.
It includes thoughts about various matters ornithological, from ageing and sexing to trapping methods.
We always welcome contact from other ringers and ringing groups.
Bearded Tits are irregular winter visitors to Rye Meads. Where do they come from and why are they only occasional in winter?More...
This excellent new book, including a chapter about Rye Meads, describes how we will all need to consider the carbon footprint of our birding activities in future, and is now available at the RSPB Visitor Centre.More...
Scillies pelagic - or, Three Men in a Boat! Alan Harris recounts the experiences of an RMRG expedition to see pelagic seabirds off Scilly.More...
With regret we report the death of Dr. Bernard Nau, a founder member of the Group in 1961, at the age of 84.More...
A visit to a nestbox to ring some Barn Owl chicks, accompanied by RSPB staff and volunteers - a treat for all to meet such special birds close up.More...
RMRG has lost its Chairman and stalwart member, Toby Spall, at the too young age of 66. This is a review of his Rye Meads career and contribution.More...
On Saturday 13 July 2019 the Rye Meads Ringing Group (RMRG) reached an amazing milestone. Read on to find out more details.More...
When you go to do a ringing session, you never know what you might encounter. And sometimes it isn't just birds - sometimes it's reptiles!More...
A report on the ringing of our latest brood of Tawny Owls at Rye Meads, from the owl box beside the ScrapeMore...
We monitor and maintain more than eighty nestboxes of various types. National Nestbox Week is a good time to share details of how we look after ours.More...
We can send you an email when there is a new post for you to read. Why not give it a try? You can unsubscribe at any time.
Sign me up
Full list of Recent Activities articles
- The return of Bearded Tits to Rye Meads
- Low Carbon Birding
- Tales from the Slick
- Dr. Bernard Nau 1937-2021
- Meeting the Ghosts in the Garret
- Toby Spall 1954-2020
- One in a (quarter) million…
- It isn’t Slow, and it isn’t a Worm
- A close encounter with Tawny Owlets
- Managing our nestboxes
- Ringing is sometimes a drag!
- Drabs and Dribs
- RMRG’s very own D-day
- Record-breaking Black-tailed Godwit
- Social media has its uses!
- Hail to the Emperor!
- Group outing: BTO Non-Estuarine Waterbird Survey of Skye
- Water Pipits at Rye Meads
- Alan the Robin unmasked
- A Bittern comes out of rehab
- A nice Start at the end
- Little Stint at Rye Meads… Hail the Lemming!
- Every picture tells a story…
- RSPB WEX group ringing demo
- Purple Heron – June 2016
- Common Crane – April 2014
- Review of Raptors at Rye Meads